In the event of a fire, pull the fire alarm. The integrated fire alarm system is for us only in the event of a fire and should NOT be used to evacuate the building for any other emergency.
- Remind students which exit to take as noted in each classroom, regardless of where they are parked.
- Tell them to put on coats and to pick up purse/wallet/phone/keys. Leave all books, notebooks, etc. in the classroom.
- Tell all students they MUST move to an area 300 feet away from the building.
- You are to take a roster or safety sign-in sheet and a pen/pencil with you.
- Close all classroom windows.
- Turn off lights.
- Close all classroom doors.
- Announce that class is NOT cancelled automatically -- notification of official cancellation of class will be announced by campus personnel.
- Ask students to inform you if they select to leave and take note of all who leave the premises.
- Confirm through a roster or safety sign-in sheet that all students who were present that day are out of the building. You will be asked by fire officials to confirm this.
- Do not re-enter the building until permission is granted by the Fire Department and/or Public Safety.