Resources for your Technology classes -- some are free; others are at a discount!
If you are a Davenport student taking a course from the College of Technology, you will have access to PCs in a Virtual Lab setting. As a student, you will need to download the student VPN in order to access the PCs in the Virtual Labs.
You can download the student VPN app from this link: student-vpn.davenport.edu
You can access the Virtual Labs dashboard from the links below.
- Lettinga Virtual Labs: access to the Gaming Lab, Computer Science Lab, Adobe Lab, Linux lab, Cisco and Microsoft Labs, and general PC labs
- Warren Virtual Labs: access to the Visual Studio Lab
- Midland Virtual Labs: access to the Cisco Lab
JourneyEd Discount Licensing
Davenport University has an agreement with JourneyEd who provides educational pricing for software, some hardware, and accessories for both students and instructors. For access to this website, please visit: http://www.journeyed.com/Select
Microsoft Office is available FREE to students and instructors by going to: Get Office 365 and entering your Davenport email address.
Kivuto On The Hub
Kivuto's OnTheHub site provides greatly discounted software for student creativity. Students will receive an instructional email upon request on how to create an account on our DU-COT.OnTheHub site.
Microsoft Azure DevTools for Teaching
Davenport University’s College of Technology provides its students and instructors with access to FREE downloads through our membership with Microsoft's Azure DevTools for Teaching site. Azure DevTools includes operating system software, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio, server operating systems, and other software. This software is a full copy with no limitations.
Access is available for one year for both students and instructors. The Azure DevTools offer does not include Word, PowerPoint, or Excel. For those software programs, see the Office 365 section above.
It is best to have an Office 365 account set up before trying to set up your Azure DevTools for Teaching account.
Students will receive an e-mail from COT MSDNAA with their access instruction information as well as other help documents three days before their classes begin.
- Instructors will also be given access information three days prior to the course start date. If access is needed earlier than that timeframe, new instructors will need to request that access through their ADC.
- Students must register and create their own passwords. The username will always be the DU student email address. If an e-mail is not received, please check your SPAM folder before contacting email@example.com .
- Do not delete the COT MSDNAA e-mail; keep it for future reference.
- If there are any questions, you may email customer support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
VMware is now being accessed through the D2L Brightspace site and needs to be requested from the instructor of a course that requires VMware. Instructors will need to request that access through their ADC. with their request. Would need to submit the course code, the CRN, and the number of students in the course.
Amazon AWS Educate Program
DU is enrolled as an institution in the Amazon AWS Educate program. This means there are Amazon AWS Educate credits available for Davenport students and instructors.
Instructors receive a $200 credit annually, students receive a $100 credit annually. Those credits can be used on many other cloud services available at: https://aws.amazon.com/education/awseducate/
Terms and conditions may be found at:
The signup process for students is easy:
- Sign up for an AWS account if you don't already have one (go here: https://aws.amazon.com/console/ and click the 'sign up' button in the upper-right corner). This step will require you to enter a credit card for any additional charges not covered by the free tier or the AWS Educate grant.
- Enroll in the AWS Educate program, here: https://www.awseducate.com/Application?apptype=student (Davenport uses our main location for the city: Grand Rapids)
- Once you have finished the enrollment step, you should receive approval shortly and in that email, you will find your promo code for the AWS Educate credit - enter that code into your AWS account following the instructions in the email.
Instructors will need to follow the website instructions labeled for “Educators.”