Back to Home
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)

Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)

You can earn academic credit for a course if you produce a completed petition detailing your college-level learning gained through career and personal experience. This can include job-related activities and community participation, as well as experience based on training from specialized schools or testing programs.

You may submit your petition at anytime of the year. The petitions are then assessed by faculty evaluators, and credit is assigned based on merit.

Learn more about PLA and other possibilities for Credit for Prior Learning at Davenport.

To begin the PLA process, send your most current resume and list of any professional certifications held and/or trainings completed to:

Dr. Wayne Sneath, Prior Learning Assessment Coordinator